Den Home | Archives | UB Home | Challenge Entries --> #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10

The saddest bike in Paris by Sonny

Posted on: May 10, 2005 10:36 AM

Challenge03

Previous: 5:13 a.m. | Den Home | Ultimate Blogger Home | Next: Every Morning I reach For The Sky, And A Lot Of Things Follow Me There.

Comments:

So sad.
It looks like it's melting, or drunk.
Actually, yeah, it reminds me of those weird pictures of JApanese businessmen who work so hard that they then party until 4 in the morning and fall asleep against phone poles on the street.

Posted by: DCS at May 10, 2005 10:40 AM

Kind of like me in the morning... groggy, running into things. Just a little off balance.

Posted by: enjanerd at May 10, 2005 10:54 AM

"Uuuuuhhhh...no, no, just let me rest here for a few minutes. No, it'll be fine, I'm locked up, no one will steal me. Seriously, you guys go on ahead, I'll catch up with you................guys? Guys, where did you go? I'm still locked up here you know. Okay, there's a street sweeper coming right at me. This isn't funny anymore. Come on, I know you're around here somewhere. It's real close now, you guys had better unlock me damn soon! Oh! Oh, that's my wheel! Oh god that hurts so much! Why has my Lord forsaken me? Won't someone come and help me? When I get this lock off and some serious medical attention I will have my revenge on the world."

Posted by: Craig at May 10, 2005 11:40 AM

looks great sonny!

Posted by: james at May 10, 2005 11:41 AM

Sonny, this is great. I'm a sucker for all bicycle shots, and this one is wonderful. Well done!

Posted by: willow at May 10, 2005 11:44 AM

its funny, because i see lots of bikes like this in taipei. I'll be standing on the sidewalk staring at one covered with black tar, grum, and mold; and half the time some old woman will walk out of a store, hop on, and ride it away.

Posted by: james at May 10, 2005 12:35 PM

There's gotta be sadder bikes in Paris, it's a big city. Although, this one does look neglected...

-Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 1:16 PM

When I was in college, there used to be people who would go around stealing bike seats, so at least it still has that. It's just that front wheel and the twisted metal that makes it look so pitiful.

Posted by: enjanerd at May 10, 2005 1:40 PM

This bike is agonising. It's indeed sad. Sonny maybe you should have shot him like they do for horses. That'd be a funny scene...

Posted by: boggart at May 11, 2005 3:06 PM

I thought the saddest bike in paris was the one cemented into the catacombs! or perhaps it's just the bike in closest proximity to big piles of skulls.

Posted by: chancel at May 11, 2005 9:26 PM

"That bike looks a little deflated.."

Thank you.. I'll be here all competition!

Posted by: DrScoundrel99 at May 12, 2005 8:23 AM