Den Home | Archives | UB Home | Challenge Entries --> #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10

Mama I am not hungry by Medya

Posted on: May 3, 2005 5:45 AM

Among kurdish foods i prefer ,Kashk Bamjan , which consits of eggplant and curd.generally i like all the foods that with Curd,Egglplant and Bean .

but if you want the truth eating food has been a duty for me than pleasure,if my mother dont force me, i may dont eat anything for 2 days, I am a vegeterian and i hardly eat meat ...yeah I am so thin and I have no problem with being thin .

in Islam there is a month called Ramadan which you shouldnt eat anything during the day light for 30 days ! even I am an infidel , I did the fast in Ramadan month, it was fun ! lol

if you want my idea, "a blogger who is amused to foods isnt a good blogger "
a true blogger's food are comments and e-mails,.like this blogger ,who dedicated his life in the way of blogging ,

hm..let me add something else and put end to this post,
if you eat your meal alone , you never feel like to eat, but if you have a good friend to have meat with, he /she can motovate your appetite .

Previous: Korea Snack Bar | Den Home | Ultimate Blogger Home | Next: Dinner at Mimi's

Comments:

Why did this person get picked? I like the fact that they talked about food, but you may as well have posted something my teenage neighbour would write.

I see nothing unique or creative in this post.

How is not eating for ramadan a good blog about food?

Posted by: DrScoundrel99 at May 3, 2005 11:21 AM

Medya, I appreciate that you aren't writing in your native language, but this entry feel random and hard to follow for me. My favorite kind of blog entry is one with one main point and then interesting detail about it: feelings, history, insight you might have that your readers don't, photos, whatever.

For example, I don't know that much about Ramadan. It would have been interesting to know more about it, like how long it lasts, what religious significance it has, what foods are traditional to it, how you celebrated when you were a child vs. now, if most people still observe the fast, etc. Or, what is "kurdish food" about? What spices does it use? You describe Kashk Bamjan only as "consits of eggplant and curd." How is it prepared and what does it taste like?

I'd really like to know more about Kurdish food, and I wish your entry had helped me explore this new topic.

Posted by: freddy at May 3, 2005 11:47 AM

DrScoundrel99 i already told you i am not muslem...

unfrotunately because i have to be anonymouse i prefer not to call my fans in my blog to come here and vote for me... like others do..

i thibk a blogger shouldnt be intrested in foods !

Posted by: medya at May 3, 2005 1:03 PM

and freddy i liked to explain more , but i thought nobody would read it...i belive a bloggers alwsays should write Short , or he wont be read .

Posted by: medya at May 3, 2005 1:07 PM

You think a blogger shouldn't be interested in food? What could disliking food possibly have to do with good blogging????

Posted by: freddy at May 3, 2005 1:27 PM

it is my personal idea, i love my blog more than anything else, sometimes i eat Comments instead of food , and I think thats the way a blogger should be ... i am not gonna continue aruge with anybody over this

Posted by: Medya at May 3, 2005 1:30 PM

This is fucking brilliant.

Posted by: dr. retarded at May 3, 2005 1:33 PM

Medya

it's important to eat!
and not just comments (all the angles get stuck in your throat)
I would love to see more of your pictures.
Seems like for this competition, more length or explanations or photos are good, unlike the many politico blogs of the world which are mostly short summaries.

Posted by: hason at May 3, 2005 1:38 PM

you want more pics for what?...hm

Posted by: medya at May 3, 2005 1:58 PM

i love this post. the eggplant picture blew my mind. also, i love the dedication. medya is a genius.

keep up the good work!

Posted by: anders at May 3, 2005 2:15 PM

The eggplant picture blew your mind? Can you elaborate on that a little? I just see...a picture of an eggplant. Shiny, purple, eggshaped, yes; but mind-blowing?

Posted by: freddy at May 3, 2005 2:20 PM

MIND BLOWING

Posted by: John Johnderson at May 3, 2005 2:50 PM

excellent post...You don't need to be a good eater to be a good blogger...weldone mate

Posted by: John at May 3, 2005 3:35 PM

and please commentators keep out the racist Islamic thing out. We all are humans before being anything else. Give Racism the Kick

Posted by: John Devin at May 3, 2005 3:37 PM

the funny thing is i am not muslem and if the governmetn knows they will behade me...

and now i am being insulted by some , because they thought i am muslem ! i mentioned taht I AM INFIDEL, didnt I ?...whatever...i always make very BAD Critics on Islam that may even danger my life..

Posted by: medya at May 3, 2005 3:40 PM

No one is insulting anyone for their religion in this thread, as far as I can tell. It is an understandable question to ask questions about Ramadan when he mentions it himself in his post but doesn't really help those of us from another culture understand it.

Is someone being offensive to Muslims elsewhere in the contest? I'm sure none of us spectators want that.

Posted by: freddy at May 3, 2005 3:46 PM

Medya, I like you. You are nice. Racist comments are stupid. I made eggplant the other day and it turned out terrible. This makes me feel dumb.

Posted by: ritchey at May 3, 2005 3:47 PM

Sorry, UH hung and I reposted. Can someone delete my duplicate comment? Thanks.

Posted by: freddy at May 3, 2005 3:52 PM

Hello My Brother!

The other is right if he says your eggplants are mind blowing! I feel this in my heart too. I am also great fan of curd.

Congratulations,

Lyova Lyubov

Posted by: Lyova Lyubov at May 3, 2005 4:22 PM

Medya, the Kashk Bamjan looks intriguing. Can you tell us how it's made, or provide a link to a recipe?

Posted by: Kevin at May 3, 2005 7:11 PM

Dr Scoundass,

Menopausal? Hot Flushes? or just being a prick?

Posted by: mimi at May 3, 2005 7:50 PM

wow... i love anything that has eggplants!!! i would also like to know this recipe, it looks delicious, and its looks like something i could possibly make! anyhow... i admire your passion, and absolutely love iranian cinema!! two years ago i had the please to meet Bahman Farmanara after watching Booye kafoor, atre yas. It was fabulous! he is such an incredible man and director. also, just recently in taiwan at the 'woman make waves' film festival, i got to speak with Rakhshan Bani-Etemad, and what a whole series of her films. unfortunatly they made a mistake and the subtitles where in french, but 'Ruz-egar-e ma' had english, and i could guess what was happening n the others. anyhow... i look forward to hearing more form you in the future...

yours truely,
james

Posted by: james at May 3, 2005 9:06 PM

not 'what'... i meant 'watch'... sorry... i didn't sleep (or eat) last night...

cheers

Posted by: james at May 3, 2005 9:22 PM

This was a good entry. Nobody posted any racist comments in the comments (unless you count, "not eating for Ramadan") as a racist comment.

Totally mellow entry with a mind blowing eggplant.

Well done,
Andrew

Posted by: Mr. Stevenjones at May 4, 2005 8:35 AM

Makes no sense.

Posted by: Kelly at May 4, 2005 11:10 AM

Baradaram!

Man kheili bad Farsi sohbat mikonam, bebakshid...
Man so'al barayet daram:
To dar artesheye man budan mikhi?
Nameyet minevisi be kasanova_voyager@yahoo.com.

Marhamat ziad!