Every Morning I reach For The Sky, And A Lot Of Things Follow Me There. by Joel
Posted on: May 10, 2005 12:52 PM
Previous: The saddest bike in Paris | Den Home | Ultimate Blogger Home | Next: AM hours in nature
does this count? i hope so, because it rules.
Posted by: ebg at May 10, 2005 1:08 PM
Every morning I do ten things:
1. I wake up, look at my watch, and realize that it is early. Real early.
2. I remember that I'm Manic Depressive, and an alcoholic.
3. I smoke 10-15 cigarettes in a row.
4. While smoking said cigarettes, out my window. I watch two little "Scrub Jay" birds make their nest, and I openly ask them for advice.
5. I listen to what they say, I watch what they do.
6. When I realize I don't speak bird language, I start drinking Carlo Rossi wine so I can ask them louder.
7. They answer. I Learn. I smoke more.
8. I listen to Howard Stern on my iPod, and play a little guitar.
9. I lament my broken foot, and wish I could go running, or play tennis, or just leave the house and talk to some people. But I can't, so I don't. So I smoke.
10. I check out the Ultimate Blogger contest, and all of it's trimmings, so I can start figuring out what to do for the next challenge. Then I smoke again, and get on it.
This is my life, these are my mornings.
Thanks for letting me play,
Joel Conrad Bechtolt
Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 1:08 PM
Is that your hand? And if it is... are you wearing nail polish?
Neat collage. I think your morning comes across even without your explanation.
Posted by: enjanerd at May 10, 2005 1:33 PM
It is my hand, and yes, it's true, my nails match my toes. Gotta have it like that.
Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 1:36 PM
I think you might win this time!
scattered and trailing off works way better in pictures than words
Posted by: karina at May 10, 2005 2:02 PM
Thank you, sweetheart, I did my best to show exactly how it is for me. I appreciate your complements, always.
Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 2:08 PM
Keep in mind, this is what I do between 3 and 8 AM, before my Sara wakes up, and we do some sort of breakfast-type cooking thing. Man I wish I could sleep through the night. Anyone wanna drop by my my house with some Ambien, Soma, Seconal, or what have you? It would be appreciated!
Love You All,
Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 2:12 PM
someone just CRUSHED IT
Posted by: Adam Forkner at May 10, 2005 5:15 PM
That someone is me. Thanks for saying it, Adam. I did my best to learn how to use my "contestant crushing machine" and I think I did OK.
Peace Out, Soldier,
Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 5:26 PM
Posted by: matt at May 10, 2005 9:34 PM
Thanks, Matt. Stay tuned. Keep watching.
Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 11, 2005 8:43 AM
where do you get the podcast of howard stern?
Posted by: ruffino at May 12, 2005 9:44 AM
Posted by: (not contestant) james at May 12, 2005 12:26 PM
you will be missed!
Posted by: Adam Forkner at May 12, 2005 2:12 PM
goddamn flurking poker stupid comment spam!!!!!
YOU ARE MY SWORN MORTAL ENEMY.
Posted by: freddy at May 24, 2005 4:42 PM
wow! search engine optimization? cool! seo tools? im there!
wait... you.... are.... spam.................. DIE!!!!
Posted by: james at June 7, 2005 9:36 PM
© 2005 URBN*HNKG | Design by YACHT | Using MT 3.33 | DEN RSS 2.0 W/O COMMENTS: DEN RSS 1.0