Den Home | Archives | UB Home | Challenge Entries --> #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10

Every Morning I reach For The Sky, And A Lot Of Things Follow Me There. by Joel

Posted on: May 10, 2005 12:52 PM

Challenge03

Previous: The saddest bike in Paris | Den Home | Ultimate Blogger Home | Next: AM hours in nature

Comments:

does this count? i hope so, because it rules.

Posted by: ebg at May 10, 2005 1:08 PM

Every morning I do ten things:
1. I wake up, look at my watch, and realize that it is early. Real early.
2. I remember that I'm Manic Depressive, and an alcoholic.
3. I smoke 10-15 cigarettes in a row.
4. While smoking said cigarettes, out my window. I watch two little "Scrub Jay" birds make their nest, and I openly ask them for advice.
5. I listen to what they say, I watch what they do.
6. When I realize I don't speak bird language, I start drinking Carlo Rossi wine so I can ask them louder.
7. They answer. I Learn. I smoke more.
8. I listen to Howard Stern on my iPod, and play a little guitar.
9. I lament my broken foot, and wish I could go running, or play tennis, or just leave the house and talk to some people. But I can't, so I don't. So I smoke.
10. I check out the Ultimate Blogger contest, and all of it's trimmings, so I can start figuring out what to do for the next challenge. Then I smoke again, and get on it.

This is my life, these are my mornings.

Thanks for letting me play,
Joel Conrad Bechtolt

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 1:08 PM

Is that your hand? And if it is... are you wearing nail polish?

Neat collage. I think your morning comes across even without your explanation.

Posted by: enjanerd at May 10, 2005 1:33 PM

It is my hand, and yes, it's true, my nails match my toes. Gotta have it like that.

-J

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 1:36 PM

I think you might win this time!

scattered and trailing off works way better in pictures than words

Posted by: karina at May 10, 2005 2:02 PM

Karina,
Thank you, sweetheart, I did my best to show exactly how it is for me. I appreciate your complements, always.

Love,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 2:08 PM

Keep in mind, this is what I do between 3 and 8 AM, before my Sara wakes up, and we do some sort of breakfast-type cooking thing. Man I wish I could sleep through the night. Anyone wanna drop by my my house with some Ambien, Soma, Seconal, or what have you? It would be appreciated!

Love You All,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 2:12 PM

woah

someone just CRUSHED IT

Posted by: Adam Forkner at May 10, 2005 5:15 PM

That someone is me. Thanks for saying it, Adam. I did my best to learn how to use my "contestant crushing machine" and I think I did OK.

Peace Out, Soldier,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 10, 2005 5:26 PM

Very cool

Posted by: matt at May 10, 2005 9:34 PM

Thanks, Matt. Stay tuned. Keep watching.
Love,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 11, 2005 8:43 AM

where do you get the podcast of howard stern?

Posted by: ruffino at May 12, 2005 9:44 AM

Goodbye Joel!

Posted by: (not contestant) james at May 12, 2005 12:26 PM

bye joel

you will be missed!

Posted by: Adam Forkner at May 12, 2005 2:12 PM

goddamn flurking poker stupid comment spam!!!!!

YOU ARE MY SWORN MORTAL ENEMY.

Posted by: freddy at May 24, 2005 4:42 PM

wow! search engine optimization? cool! seo tools? im there!

wait... you.... are.... spam.................. DIE!!!!

Posted by: james at June 7, 2005 9:36 PM