Challenge 07: Glorious Gossip

Posted on: May 23, 2005 10:47 AM

Only five bloggers remain! Due to the tie last week we had an elimination twist! The contestants ranked their opponents based on merit instead of the judges picking a winner of immunity and the bloggers voting someone out strategically. We totaled the results to cut the lowest ranked two. We are sad to see those two go, they have been great additions to the game.

Glorious gossip throws our bloggers into the realm of hot internet rumor sites challenging them to post some "hot juicy gossip". We're not looking for fiction, but for some tantalizing rumors. So join the ranks of Drudge, Gawker, and help put Ultimate Blogger in the gossip map!

On a side note, we apologize for the server downtime. We're making changes and improvements and hope to have no future problems! I think due to the late posting of this entry and other harsh situations the entries for this challenge will be due on Wednesday May 25th, 2005 at 11:59 PM PDT as opposed to the normal Tuesday night.

Click here to view the challenge (14MB - MP4) Click here to download QuickTime

Previous Post: Immunity and more left in hands of the contestants | Next Post: Lyova Wins Immunity For The Second Time

Comments:

i love the naughty night vision! steve is so sexy!

Posted by: laura at May 23, 2005 11:06 AM

can you please tell me who got voted off? Was it me? I can't watch the movie at work.

Posted by: ritchey at May 23, 2005 11:09 AM

Medya and Lois.

Posted by: Craig at May 23, 2005 11:11 AM

jeez. phew. ugh!

Posted by: ritchey at May 23, 2005 11:12 AM

who got immunity?

Posted by: ritchey at May 23, 2005 11:13 AM

the use of the entertainment tonight theme is dead brilliant. DEAD.

Posted by: matt at May 23, 2005 11:13 AM

You guys emulated/parodied that horrible style so perfectly that it's freaking scary. I don't know how you'll top this one.

Posted by: Kevin Erickson at May 23, 2005 11:19 AM

Amazing. Jona, if you're out there, answer your phone so I can tell you how excellent this video is. Sooo good. BTW: If anyone wants to see these brilliant dudes in person, and are going to be in the PDX area tonight, go to Holocene tonight (1001 SE Morrison St, Portland, 97214 - (503) 239-7639) I'll be there, you should be to, to see Y.A.C.H.T. and NYC's "Sightings". Good show, boys. I feel like a proud poppa/ crazy uncle/ fanboy. Go Team!

Love,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 23, 2005 11:24 AM

ritchey, there was no immunity per se as the only vote was by you guys. so like...if you survived the vote...then you were immune.
the specific order of the vote is revealed in the video.

Posted by: Steve Schroeder at May 23, 2005 11:25 AM

thank you, uncle.

Posted by: ritchey at May 23, 2005 11:27 AM

get it?? Immunity and More is what we said was at stake. We are sneaky!!!

whoa. trip out that Jona is playing a concert tonight.
i bet the show will be "weird." because i feel like a zombie, and i bet jona does too.

Posted by: Steve Schroeder at May 23, 2005 11:34 AM

The cool thing is, you guys (Jona, Steve, Mikey) can do all this shit on autopilot. Zombies or not. You can't quit. You won't stop. You don't stop. I get a vibe of true creative genius from you dudes. No adversity will stand in the way of your, pardon the nerdy trekkie reference, "prime directive". I am so happy to breath the same air as you guys, and to be involved in any little way I can. Jona will kill tonight because he doesn't know how not to. Believe.

Love,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 23, 2005 11:54 AM

wow... that was the most incredible movie i've ever seen.... and i just watched back to the future IiI!

Posted by: james at May 23, 2005 12:42 PM

this game is boring.. everything is predictable. medya had predict by changin the rule he will be voted off... not nice to see him out .

Posted by: stacey at May 23, 2005 12:56 PM

i hate to be an egoist prick only talking about myself but i am also playing that show at holocene tonight. as WHITE RAINBOW. apparently even though the promoter was desperately calling me for days trying to get me to help him with this show, when i agreed to play as white rainbow (as opposed to the apparently more popular band i have with my apparently more popular girlfriend, World) he seemed less than confident the night would be off the hook. so i IM'd with jona and asked him if he would play too. he said yes. we ate vietnamese together it was fun. later that night my room mate mark burden agreed to play the show as SILENTIST, his one-man metal drummer and piano thing that he does. and that's who the promoter was trying to reach via me on the phone over and over in the first place
sightings booking agent also forwarded me a message dismayed about the last minute billing of the show. seemed that getting bands to play with sightings, through the avenues of people in bands they had been previously trying, had been a nightmare. so thats when i stepped up, got jona to step up, and burden finally committed. apparently the band sightings is a great heavy psyche noise thing. they on the reknownd indie noise label LOAD (the label that brought you lightning blot and forcefield and all that fort thunder noise). but they are also from NYC, which could be a good or bad thing. NYC bands seem to be a bit out of touch or behind the times these days. we'll see.
at any rate, the show will start at 930 or so, it will cost a small amount of money (for this "hot shit" touring band) and will be fun.

YOU COME

Posted by: Adam Forkner at May 23, 2005 1:07 PM

Huh... Stacey sounds surprisingly like Medya.

Look at it this way: If one person had won all of the immunity challenges up until this point, would you still be claiming that anyone was cheated by "changing the rules" after the fact? That person really should have the opportunity to win all of the immunity challenges, right?

Posted by: enjanerd at May 23, 2005 1:25 PM

WAIT!

Again I spoke too soon. Turns out Stacey is not Medya. She's worse. She is a DMB fan. I had no idea what that was until I read her blog and did a little googling. I was thinking it was like IDM or D'n'B or something like that turns out it is, yup you guessed it: Dave Matthews Band.

Now keep in mind, I have nothing against Dave. I find it pretty cool that a bartender dude keeps at it and finds fame late in life, but people, we have to agree on one thing: There is something weird about the guy's fans. For instance, listen to this from Stacey's "blog":

"Just someeeeee oneeeeeee please shoot me I MISSED my DMB tickets and can't find any now. It just really blows. I posted on Nancies.org about getting some; the ones on TicketBAS...master sold out in like two minutes and otherwise just ERG. They're so expensive on ebay; the sites that are reselling them are selling them for double the price. There are probably some good lawn tickets left but I am not allowed to sit there.. yay overprotective parents. I had such a blast last summer and was really looking forward to being able to go again. I knew like half of the songs last year and well.. I've done my homework this time And with the new album coming out soon!

So, here's my shout out to any random stranger from this region that might have 2 extra reserved tickets for Darien 7/27. I will be your best friend. I will love you like, forever. I want to go so badly. Rob said he'd take me, lawn tickets, but I still can't do that. Hah.

If you're a DMB-hater, grr at you. Don't even bother saying anything to me. I know you're out there."

(end quote)

L Fucking O L

No wonder. Poor girl. I've said too much now and will quit, but in the words of the unpalatable "DMB": "What would YOU say?"

Ha Ha Ha,

Joel Conrad Bechtolt

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 23, 2005 1:44 PM

Adam,
I'm there. Let's have a beer and shoot the shit. I feel your comments and hope you have a great show.

Love,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 23, 2005 1:48 PM

it is really sad that somebody like joel always thinks about you to destroy you....you joel what did do to you ?

and now you attack to my nation? kurds? what did the kurd do to you ? Kurds are not Sonny Muslems.

I myslef am a Jew Kurd. Kurds in Iraq are not counted as Sunny.
and mind that , in Iraq, Kurds are the only friend of the americans... and in kurdistan of iraq , no American Solider been killed from the first day of the war...

Joel , I am sick of you, you are at least 30 years old ! if you have a problem with me thats ok ! but dont attack to my nation .... just look at Kurdish Cinema...a Kurdish movie that got Canne Festival Award was a pro american movie !

while you american yourself are anti-american -(like micher mooor) we kurds been your only friend...

I am really sorry that you annoyned Stacey too. she has been my friend since 3 years ago.

I am sick of this game ! I wont come back here to check stupid comments like joels and others....why you should be my enemy ? what did I to do you ?

and I didny even check your movie... I tried to download it , it is so slow.

Mice and Steve, If I had been elemniated as I had been given the same chance with others I wouldnt get mad ! ...but you were so unfair to me...this is my last comment, and i wont come back here.

please EVERYbody stop talking about me and my nation.

me and my nation have did a great help to you americans...! we dont deserve your offense.

bye bye unfair game.

Posted by: medya at May 23, 2005 1:49 PM

BTW: Jona will ALWAYS "step up". It's what he does.

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 23, 2005 1:50 PM

Another question: Who is "micher mooor"? Do you mean Michael Moore? If you do, how is he "anti-American"? He is a questioner. a seeker of knowledge. He does not have an agenda, nor his mind made up. It is why he is always asking the hard questions. It sucks you live in a place where this is as foreign to you as apple pie. I feel that if your people died helping my people, that is a thing. Not a good thing or a bad thing. A thing. I wish no one had to die for nonsense. However, your people helping my people gives you no right to write the sort of emails that you wrote. THAT YOU WROTE. Be cool. Always.

Chilly J

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 23, 2005 2:31 PM

joel I am so pleasantly surprised to see you being the voice of reason.
I wish no one had to die for this nonsense too.

Posted by: hason at May 23, 2005 3:30 PM

can I modify it to "pretty much the voice of reason"?

because curds are in cheese, but Kurds live in Kurdistan (like the Armenians, they get mad dissed/slaughtered and don't have a proper recognized homeland)

Posted by: hason at May 23, 2005 3:36 PM

Hason,
I was simply commenting on the fact that I don't know shit from shit, Kurds from curds, therefore couldn't possibly make a disparaging and/or educated comment on anyone's nationality. I only speak to that I know, which, has been proven, is very little. It was a bad joke, only intended to voice that none of my comments were of racist or nationalist origin. A dick, is a dick, is a dick. Jew, Kurd, American, Iranian, or Martian. That's all. Thanks for your comments.

Love,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 23, 2005 3:55 PM

okay, I understand now.
I liked how you invited him to stay at yr house and talk about stuff.
things get mad inflamed on the hinternets.

so important to breathe deep and stay cool.

Posted by: hason at May 23, 2005 5:30 PM

Medya

Noone's dissing your nation. People are dissing you. You are sick, unpleasant and need help. Go see a psychiatrist before you hurt someone other than yourself. And stop preaching politics you quite blatantly do not have the mental capacity to comprehend.

Posted by: mimi at May 23, 2005 5:43 PM

Nice Mimi, I dig, Wish you were here tonight...

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 23, 2005 5:49 PM

Hey James, I see from your blog that its your birthday. Happy Birthday !!!

Posted by: WuJie Shanghai at May 23, 2005 6:16 PM

That new sidebar is so great and useful!
Also, I just asked Steve if UrbanHonking gets $ every time we click on those google ads and he said YES.

So, EVERYBODY CLICK ON THOSE GOOGLE ADS!!!!

Help some dudes out! Be awesome!

Posted by: Azure at May 23, 2005 7:04 PM

Here's a real nice behind-the-scenes montage that Daniel posted on his blog last night:

Click Here

If you don't know about Daniel's blog.. get into it! He posts new photos almost everyday and sometimes TWICE a day. it won't fucking kill you

Azure, thanks for the clicks! Real nice.

Posted by: Jona at May 23, 2005 7:31 PM

Click. Click. Click.

Posted by: gene at May 24, 2005 1:32 PM

how come i cant watch this entire video - it wont go further than the intro

heard it from the left side!

Posted by: bennr at May 24, 2005 7:05 PM

Ben,

I don't know! I just watched it in its entirety.. no problems. hmm..

Anyone else having trouble watching the video?

Posted by: Jona at May 24, 2005 10:34 PM

My usual non-player entry: link-laden rumors at Toehold.

Posted by: Kyle Hasselbacher at May 25, 2005 5:25 AM

I don't want to post the obvious,
but it was clear from the first challenge who was going to be in the first five.

All you guys, KEEP IT UP!!!!.

other guys, we're (I'm) still reading your way awsome blogs!!!

Hate the hater's, keep ruling for the rest of us!

Karina