Challenge 06: Question Mark?

Posted on: May 19, 2005 2:20 AM

Just when you think you are getting used to how this game works everything is turned on its ear!!! SUPRISING RESULTS!! The most shocking boardroom...er...vote results yet. Plus, you may or may not be able to tell that Mike currently is on assignment in Los Angeles (hopefully brokering our deal for Ultimate Blogger cycle 2 to be on Bravo).

We are now more than halfway into the competition and it's getting intense. The challenge posts are getting better (as evidenced by this last challenge), the strategy is getting deeper, the votes are becoming more unexpected, the alliances are possibly in question, and winning immunity becomes absolutely crucial. Ritchey won immunity for the previous challenge and was the only contestant out of the danger of being voted out forever.

So, after these shocking events many things remain in flux. The next challenge now has twice the importance and rumor has it that immunity will be granted in a whole new way for this challenge as well. Twist after twist after twist. The entries for the new challenge are due at 11:59 PM PDT on Friday May 20th, 2005

Click here to view the challenge (13.3MB - MP4) Click here to download QuickTime

Previous Post: Ritchey Wins Fifth Immunity! | Next Post: Immunity and more left in hands of the contestants

Comments:

so many twists... im getting dizzy! and by "bravo", do you mean the television network? im not familiar with this name...

Posted by: james at May 19, 2005 3:21 AM

dude this is the fucking BEST VIDEO YET
i love the CRUNKY STYLE
and steve just is getting so zany and funny
i love this man
and the dice? so audiomagic
you guys just took it weird
and by that i mean i like it

sweet

Posted by: Adam Forkner at May 19, 2005 3:27 AM

mike and steve- go check the comments section on Mimi's last post. She's being 'virtually' chased by her own little stalker calling himself 'yawn'. He's been leaving evil messages on her site for weeks now....

ps. great vid. but i liked the last one better....x

Posted by: piu piu (unemployed) at May 19, 2005 4:30 AM

Not to jump ahead or anything, but isn't that a little unfair to Ritchey, she wins immunity and then it basically means nothing since no one actually gets voted off? Or perhaps there is some plan that I am unaware of.

Posted by: Craig at May 19, 2005 7:58 AM

er...what is the next challenge?

Posted by: claire at May 19, 2005 8:04 AM

Weak.

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 8:42 AM

Does the term "Jump The Shark" mean anything to anyone?

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 8:43 AM

I do feel cheated of my glory, thank you for pointing that out. However, it is no one's fault (aside from the people who did not vote the way I wished them to. So really, you could say that it's my fault, and that I am the one who ruined my immunity glory.), so now we must carry on bravely like good soldiers, yes?

Posted by: ritchey at May 19, 2005 8:49 AM

hey guys have I told you that I have a heart illness? .... you have no idea, how hard it is to wait 40 min with this irainain internet speed, (33.6 KB) to wait to dwonload the movie and watch and see who is elimnated....

Seteve you are so cute ! good job wit the movie , I can see you did it all alone...while mike was somewhere else... Thanks.... I promise you I will do my best for the challange. the last challange I made my post in 15 min , because I sleept all the night... and wake up at 7 Am and I made it in 15 pm and posted it..

(yep I have to stay awake at night so to attend in your contest, my time zone is GMT +3.30)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ! this game is gonna be so so so intresting.

Posted by: meda at May 19, 2005 8:53 AM

whats the next challenege and when you will anouce the next challegen's subject?
tomorrow my family will go to a trip... should I go with them or I must stay?

Posted by: medya_17 at May 19, 2005 8:57 AM

wow. that was cool!

i'm really looking forward to the "freestyle" challenge (isn't that what is is? blog a lot and hope someone in the judging, whoever or however that may be, likes something?)....

cuz i think all the bloggers are best in their natural styles.

Posted by: robin at May 19, 2005 9:40 AM

Yeah, I don't think I could say "jumped the shark" yet, but if the competition sucked from here on out, I would call this the "jumped the shark moment".
I would.
Why couldn't there have been an audience vote for the elimination?

Posted by: Carlyn Berghoff at May 19, 2005 10:44 AM

and why can't I keep my immunity, since this time it didn't matter for shit? STEVE AND MIKE: there is confusion in the ranks. For this vote, do we EACH VOTE FOR TWO PEOPLE, or is it that the two people with the most votes get voted off? Please clarify as soon as possible.

Posted by: ritchey at May 19, 2005 10:57 AM

Could an audience vote have been possible? That would have RULED.

Posted by: DCS at May 19, 2005 11:29 AM

agreed.

Posted by: ritchey at May 19, 2005 11:31 AM

A video with Steve and Mike riding motorcycles jumping an actual shark might save this abortion of a contest. Till then, keep it up, lazy asses!

Love You,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 12:10 PM

Love You,
Joel

BTW: Medya & Lois better hope there is no audience vote.

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 12:13 PM

I'm not sure how Ritchey was cheated??

She was safe from the vote and she survived. She doesn't get an extra immunity or anything because people couldn't come to a majority.

I hate the term "jump the shark," it is so stupid, that's not how stuff works. One moment where things go bad. Life, my friends is not that easy. Thanks, Joel, for your kind words.

Coming into this contest we looked at many possibilities for voting and audience vote was probably our least favorite. We love our audience, but we found that contest that featured audience voting to be very popularity contesty and people just emailed their friends and pleaded for votes. Not that cool.

Ritchey, the details of how the vote will work for this next challenge will be revealed to you when necessary.

Posted by: Steve Schroeder at May 19, 2005 12:13 PM

Look babes (I can say "babes" because I am in LA and I can see the Hollywood sign from my room), this whole whining about Ritchey's immunity thing... let's just pop a cork in that, kay? Ritchey had immunity, no one could vote for her. She is safe. That is what immunity means. If Ritchey hadn't won immunity, then she may have been voted off. She wasn't, so let's just put this issue to best, yeah? Thanks.

Yours,
Hollywood Mike

Posted by: Mikey at May 19, 2005 12:14 PM

i like the trippy lazer sound the secure computer makes.

Posted by: matt at May 19, 2005 12:15 PM

Steve, I don't think Bravo is going to work. If we're willing to go with an all-women cast I might have something with Oxygen. Also, I am meeting with someone at the Wayan's Brothers office today.

Yours,
Hollywood Mike

Posted by: Mikey at May 19, 2005 12:18 PM

Matt,

We don't like that sound very much.... if, for some reason, you forget to put in your very-secure earplugs (don't ask how I forgot), that laser-sound kills the crap out of your hearing. My dudes (ears) are still ringing from last night.

Posted by: Jona at May 19, 2005 12:26 PM

I will no longer whine about my immunity. Mike is of course right. If I had not had immunity I could have been killed. So, for this I am thankful. This contest grows very frustrating and scary!

Posted by: ritchey at May 19, 2005 12:35 PM

i like the lazer sounds

and i like the new direction

keep up the good work

hates need to freeze

shit is getting good

real good

thats how I feel at any rate

love
adam

Posted by: Adam Forkner at May 19, 2005 12:36 PM

that yawn dude crushed my blog too, and other UrHo blogs i noticed

what a dink

passive aggressive internet dinks are the worst

Posted by: Adam Forkner at May 19, 2005 12:39 PM

Did I mention I have SARS and a 14.4kbps connection? Do I get advantage?

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 12:42 PM

the way in which this newest challenge was communicated was my favorite yet. i applaud you steve, jona, and mike. brilliant, brilliant challenge. effing rad.

Posted by: flint at May 19, 2005 12:49 PM

Was it communicated, Flint?

And you guys are right about audience vote.
Too bad there's no way to prove that every voter is actually following the contest.

What kind of traffic do you guys get on this contest? Just curious.

Posted by: DCS at May 19, 2005 1:08 PM

MEGA.

Last time we checked we had moved over 60GB of bandwidth and we're getting 6000+ unique visits/day. What? So weird.

We're totally trashing this server with all of the bandwidth...

Posted by: Jona at May 19, 2005 1:14 PM

6000 Unique hits? Damn. Kudos, boys.

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 1:20 PM

that's really awesome.
you could ride this one to the top.

Posted by: DCS at May 19, 2005 1:29 PM

dear dcs,
". . . with the steadfast refusal to mean something the task of interpretation consists in the concrete reconstruction of the meaning of this meaninglessness. That is, making a meaning out of the refusal of meaning that the work performs, or conceptually communicating that which refuses conceptuality and communication." -- critchely.

Posted by: flint at May 19, 2005 1:31 PM

Flint,
I know you are, but what am I?
-Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 1:58 PM

what does "jumping the shark" mean?

Posted by: ritchey at May 19, 2005 2:00 PM

Posted by: freddy at May 19, 2005 2:07 PM

p.s. everyone seems to agree:

".. The name comes from the Happy Days episode where Fonzie in water-skis and his leather jacket literally jumped a shark..."

Posted by: freddy at May 19, 2005 2:42 PM

JUMP THE SHARK:

It's the point where a thing has reached it's pinnacle, and all is downhill from there. The changes in the UB format led me to say it as a joke, like this current mix-up of rules could later be viewed as the point where something interesting, got nutty (not the good Payday bar kind, either). That's all. Just an opinion from a dude who hasn't been in this contest for days. Sorry you ditched me or you could have been being courted by NBC, instead of begging their red-headed step child, Bravo for table scraps. I mean, who wants to know about the lives of Lois and Medya? Lyova + Joel + Ritchey= Sweeps Madness. Know this. Don't believe me? Ask Jeff Zucker, suckers!

Love,
Joel

PS: I have faith the Steve, Mikey, Jona team has some more in store for those still watching. Just not much for any newcomers.

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 4:34 PM

Joel,
You ain't that interesting.

Cheers,
Craig

Posted by: Craig at May 19, 2005 4:52 PM

Ain't I, Craig, Ain't I?

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 4:55 PM

Are you related to Laura Rhyne Tollin?

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 4:59 PM

'Fraid not. And it's pretty uncool to dump on Lois and Medya, ESPECIALLY considering the overall quality (or lack thereof) of your blogging output. Just when you were being slightly less of a dickweed for a bit, you go right back to dickweedness by making nasty comments about the other contestants.

Posted by: Craig at May 19, 2005 5:01 PM

Ha! You said dickweed!

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 5:13 PM

"Dickweed" Quite a "Hokie" word, eh Craig? I used to live in VA, but we said different words to make us look stupid!

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 5:26 PM

Joel,
I'm sure you're proud of digging up all this incredible information about me, considering you could get most of it off of Sonny's webpage. And I don't know anything about "looking stupid" but I do know something about taking potshots at people for no apparent reason, something you have now done TWICE to Medya and Lois. Your tough guy persona is increasingly tiresome.

Posted by: Craig at May 19, 2005 5:53 PM

I believe there was many an apparent reason, just read their last posts. I don't know them, and notice, I never once said anything personal about them. I called them uninteresting based on their entries in this particular contest. I am not a tough guy, I do not read Sonny's webpage. I base all comments on this contest. If you find my persona tiresome, go away. You do know how to go away, don't you? Being such a smarty pants, name calling biochemist, surely you know how to avoid stupid high school drop-out felons like myself, don't you?

BTW: You do look stupid when you call people names. Dummy.

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 6:11 PM

Seriously, this is why people call you names. You suggest to me that, if I don't like what you write or act like, I "go away", failing to see or appreciate the irony in the fact that you criticize other people's work rather than "going away" yourself. I couldn't care less if you're a high-school dropout or the fucking Queen of England, I refuse to let your snide little comments that you make about certain participants go unchallenged.

Posted by: Craig at May 19, 2005 6:22 PM

oh man, what if Joel were the Queen of England??

Posted by: ritchey at May 19, 2005 6:27 PM

I'm rubber, you sniff glue. Nothing you say can make me blue.

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 6:27 PM

If I were Ritchey, I would make you my Camilla. What a scandal we could make!

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 6:29 PM

Hey wait, did someone call me a queen? I challenge you to a duel, sir!

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 6:30 PM

Dear Craig,

Thanks!

Posted by: Azure at May 19, 2005 7:43 PM

I hear ya'. Must...resist...temptation....

Posted by: Craig at May 19, 2005 7:55 PM

This is so funny, a lot of slanging matches going on in the last 24 hours, including from me as well! Where is the love people?!

Posted by: mimi at May 19, 2005 8:04 PM

I love Mimi.

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 19, 2005 8:34 PM

I love everybody but George Bush and Anna Paquin.

Posted by: ritchey at May 19, 2005 11:34 PM

who's anna paquin... she looks like from the x-men or something.

Posted by: james at May 20, 2005 5:57 AM