Challenge 03: Sunup Snapshot

Posted on: May 9, 2005 4:11 AM

What a crazy weekend. Crash withdrew from the contest. James won a challenge (and along with it immunity) in which everyone created outstanding blog entries. Then came the voting, and an incredibly close vote that showed that one strong alliance has taken power, and another alliance is voting in line as well. We are very sorry to see our eliminated contestant go. Immunity becomes more important with every challenge as it's the only sure way of staying in the game. Only 9 contestants remain as we present the third challenge.

Sunup Snapshot is a challenge to test your visual aesthetics. We are asking for one photo that you take having to do with the theme "A.M." You know, the morning. We want to learn more about you and your view and the world around with with the photo. We also want the photo to be evocative and awesome. The challenge will be judged by us and 3 amazing photobloggers. This one is for immunity.

Click here to view the challenge (13.2MB - MP4) Click here to download QuickTime

READ ALL of the Challenge #3 entries.

Previous Post: Crash Out Of Game & James Wins Second Immunity | Next Post: Mimi Wins Third Immunity Challenge

Comments:

nooooooooooooooo!!!! NOT KARSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: james at May 9, 2005 4:05 AM

wow... i really need to find a one hour photo place now...

karsh... i don't know whats going on... but i'll miss you...

Posted by: james at May 9, 2005 4:07 AM

oh man, you guys? THAT VIDEO?? Holy god.

Karsh, your posts have been excellent. I'm sorry to see you go. I really wish you luck in the future.

Posted by: ritchey at May 9, 2005 7:09 AM

This is gonna be good. Nice job on the new vid, glad to see this place is becoming more homo-friendly. Hopefully guys like Crash can stick around longer now, without getting threatened by jerks. Cut it out, jerks.

It's On,
Joel Conrad Bechtolt
The Ultimate Blogger

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 9, 2005 7:13 AM

Just a minor gripe: The link to the video only works on the main page, not the individual archive page. Other than thatkeep up the good work.

Posted by: Ryan at May 9, 2005 8:15 AM

this weeks video made me so happy. you boys are my ultimate fantasy.

Posted by: laura at May 9, 2005 8:54 AM

oh Karsh

I'm so sorry you are gone. damn those alliances!

Posted by: hason at May 9, 2005 10:19 AM

wow. that was awesome. where did you get that headboard??

Posted by: kirsten at May 9, 2005 10:53 AM

My blog has disappeared. has anyone found it? I had a load of emails today asking me if the CIA has ripped it out for the virtualsphere... goddammitt. Sorry to see you go Karsh. Can someone email me what the video says?

mimix

Posted by: mimi at May 9, 2005 11:13 AM

Are we allowed to use any words with the pic, or is it purely visual? I really, really cannot do fancy things in the blogging way, a pic and some words is stretching my unbelievably as it is, computer retard that I am.

Posted by: mimi at May 9, 2005 11:24 AM

Transcript:
Mike: A shocking revelation and another elimination on this episode of The Ultimate Blogger

___________

Mike: Welcome back to the Ultimate Blogger. We're your hosts Mike and Steve and it's a whole new game today
Steve: Friday afternoon we received an email from contestant Crash explaining that he was unable to continue with the Ultimate Blogger

_________

Mike: We assembled our executive team to discuss how to handle this dramatic change. In the end it was only fair to continue on.
Steve: So Crash has withdrawn and the other 10 contestants will vote another off today. Only 9 will continue on.

(Shred Crash)

Mike: Good luck, Crash and no hard feelings.
Steve: And keep on blogging

________________

Mike: Congratulations to James for his great audiovisual post. The Rainbow Immunity Goggles fit him well.
Steve: James is guaranteed a spot in the final 9 contestants. Now it's time to go check the computer to see whose eliminated.

_________________

Mike: Now remember, once a person is voted off we will revoke their posting privileges and they will be asked to leave the internet immediately.
Steve: The votes are as follows - 1 vote for Lyova, 4 votes for Joel, and with 5 votes the 3rd person eliminated from The Ultimate Blogger, Karsh.

(Shred Karsh)

Mike: Good luck Karsh
Steve: And Keep on Blogging.

____________________________

Mike: Looks like there's a strong 5 person alliance. Anyone who didn't vote for Karsh may need to start looking for some more friends.
Steve: While that 5 person alliance must be intimidating, somewhere in that chain there must be a weak link. Now let's look at our next challenge.

____________________

Mike: Good morning. Welcome to the 3rd challenge. Today we will be taking things in a little different direction. There will be no writing in this challenge
Steve: This challenge is to take and post a photo. Some of the most popular blogs on the internet are photo blogs. Your challenge is to take and post an image that has to do with the theme AM, as in the morning.
Mike: We're looking for the kind of photo that shows something about your life or how you view life specifically as it relates to the morning.
Steve: Three Urbanhonking photobloggers will be helping us judge this challenge. Only 1 can win immunity.
Mike: Good luck.
Steve: Mmm...yeah.

Posted by: Steve Schroeder at May 9, 2005 11:41 AM

Mimis,
so it will be judged completely on the photo. if you choose to write something that's cool, but that's not part of the judging.
the photo can be of anything...so get creative...hint hint (if you want writing included).
I have seen your pictures, Mimi, and they are totally good!!! We can help you with any technical questions or problems you may have.

Posted by: Steve Schroeder at May 9, 2005 11:49 AM

I thought the stationary shredder (shredding Eddie) was much more hilarious than the mobile shredder. There's something awesome about matter-of-fact useage of common office equipment for evil deeds. Bring back the stationary shredder!

So funny.

Posted by: karina at May 9, 2005 12:44 PM

Aha, but it 'twas the very same shredder!

We thought seeing the shreds as they come out would be more dramatic. No?

Posted by: Mikey at May 9, 2005 1:27 PM

well call me neurotic, but it just makes me want to clean the shreds up

whereas attached to the box, it's like Eddie is being shredded to the UB vaults, NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN. Just seems so much more final (therefore brutal, therefore hilarious) that way, you know?

Posted by: karina at May 9, 2005 1:33 PM

I definitely think there is something to be said for the shredder as attached to it's little box, as opposed to free standing. It's more ominous as the total package, there just the shredder part looks a little too cute. Appreciate your input!

Posted by: Mikey at May 9, 2005 2:57 PM

Mikey,
Just let Karina clean up the shreds. And tap the door three times before she comes in and out. And wash all the "dirty" things at the office, as well as her hands, as much as needed. She needs this from you.

Love,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 9, 2005 3:10 PM

oh wow guys

that video is, as we say in the business, LOADED
.............and i am reminded of these words from our father
"kinky reggae"

wowowowowowowow

YOWZA

EGGS

Posted by: Adam Forkner at May 9, 2005 4:11 PM

hee hee... my mom asked me if you two normally slept together.

Posted by: james at May 9, 2005 6:19 PM

ha. just in the movies.

mike has a special lady friend.

Posted by: Steve Schroeder at May 9, 2005 6:22 PM

me too... hi mom!

Posted by: james at May 9, 2005 9:38 PM

I've "been with" both Mikey and Steve. Steve is way more gentle, but for some reason I feel safer in Mikey's arms. Sigh....

Love You Guys,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 9, 2005 10:06 PM

Oh yeah, my parents both started following the competition too. So hopefully the next challenge is not "talk about wild sex with strangers." Because, you know, Yikes! That would be weird.

Posted by: willow at May 9, 2005 10:22 PM

I just got an inside tip that the next challenge IS "talk about wild sex with strangers." Better get a helmet, Willow!

Love,
Joel

Posted by: Joel Conrad Bechtolt at May 9, 2005 10:52 PM

Weird...? Oh. I do that every day.

x

Posted by: mimi at May 10, 2005 5:52 AM

I know I said I'd sit this one out, but I came up with a play-at-home entry anyway: My sunshine.

Posted by: Kyle Hasselbacher at May 10, 2005 9:31 AM

Amazing video. Can I move in?
Anyway, here is my at-home player attempt at a photoblog.

Posted by: MDC at May 10, 2005 8:20 PM